Sunday, January 8, 2012

[Review] Locke & Key, Volume 2: Head Games (Locke & Key #2) byJoe Hill

Locke & Key, Volume 2: Head Games (Locke & Key #2) by Joe Hill (author), Gabriel Rodriguez (Illustrator)


Synopsis via Goodreads:
New York Times bestselling writer Joe Hill and artist Gabriel Rodriguez, the creators behind the acclaimed Locke & Key: Welcome to Lovecraft, return with the next chapter in the ongoing tale, Head Games.
Following a shocking death that dredges up memories of their father's murder, Kinsey and Tyler Locke are thrown into choppy emotional waters, and turn to their new friend, Zack Wells, for support, little suspecting Zack's dark secret. Meanwhile, six-year-old Bode Locke tries to puzzle out the secret of the head key, and Uncle Duncan is jarred into the past by a disturbingly familiar face. Open your mind - the head games are just getting started!



My Thoughts:

Ok, I thought I would give this book a try because I had it at my house. All I can say is that there was a lot of talking that lead basically nowhere. I didn't want to finish it. I finished half of the volume but just couldn't bare it anymore. I read a lot of the new 52 from DC comics and I enjoyed a lot of them. This was just "yawn". I hate that I didn't like it. I really try to love it. Once again, the illustrations were just gorgeous. I really don't know what to say. :/ Sad. 2 out of 5 stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews