Thursday, February 23, 2012

[Review] Fables: Animal Farm Volume 2 by Bill Willingham

Synopsis via Goodreads:

Fables of the world Unite!

Ever since they were driven from their homelands by the Adversary, the non-human Fables have been living on the farm - a vast property in upstate New York that keeps them hidden from the prying eyes of the mundane world. But now, after hundreds of years of isolation, the Farm is seething with revolution, fanned by the inflammatory rhetoric of Goldiclocks and the Three Little Pigs. And when Snow White and her sister Rose Red stumble upon their plan to liberate the Homelands, the commissars of the Farm are ready to silence them - by any means necessary!



My Thoughts:

First of all, there are soooo many literary references, j'adore! I was like "oh, there's one, oh and here too, here's one too." I loved it! Ok, on to the story.

            The story start out intense, no dragging of the plot like the first one. This volume was like the end of the first volume. The suspense and the mystery of the first volume was amazing, this volume had more fear build in, if you know what I mean.
 
In this volume you get to see how intelligent Red Rose is. You also get to see the evil plan building which I always like to read about, and which I think is harder to write. The amount of thinking and strategy makes this volume a fantastic read!!
 
When a chase began, my heart was pounding so hard that I was barely breathing! This volume will definitely make you sit at the edge of your seat and read until you are completely finished.

The relationship between the characters were farther revealed. Snow and Red's past was shown and I felt horrible. I hope my sister and I never get separated like them. But as you read on, you see how much emotions and care there are. *tears*



Overall, this volume was definitely enjoyable to read. :) 5 out of 5!


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews