Tuesday, June 5, 2012

[Review] Revived by Cat Patrick


Published Date: May 8, 2012
Published Format: Hardcover
Publisher: Little Brown Books
Source: HBG Canada
Received Format: Hardcover

Synopsis
As a little girl, Daisy Appleby was killed in a school bus crash. Moments after the accident, she was brought back to life. 

A secret government agency has developed a drug called Revive that can bring people back from the dead, and Daisy Appleby, a test subject, has been Revived five times in fifteen years. Daisy takes extraordinary risks, knowing that she can beat death, but each new death also means a new name, a new city, and a new life. When she meets Matt McKean, Daisy begins to question the moral implications of Revive, and as she discovers the agency’s true goals, she realizes she’s at the center of something much larger—and more sinister—than she ever imagined.



You can check out the book trailer here.





Review
Thank you so much HBG for the review copy!


This book just started brilliantly! It started with a death! Hello! Yes!


Of course the premise of the book is death and rebirth and it totally captured my heart when I saw it in the HBG catalogue. And I mean the cover...*sighs* :)


In the very beginning, I just fell hard for the characters. They didn't seem fake or cliché at all! Daisy was not "trying-to-hard-to-be-tough" kind of girl. She was strong and dominant but not too in your face. She is also a blogger! WOOT! Bloggers represent! Mason...well Mason. I do have to say I love older man ;) Cat totally didn't mean for the readers to fall head over heel for Mason but I totally did. He was like the perfect secret agent. And as for Cassie, the other agent, well she was like a comic book female character. She was depicted as a cold person but could act as a sweetheart. I think why I love Mason and Cassie so much was how they could fool people around them. They were the ultimate government agents...with a heart. The men in black are totally amazing. They were so secretive and totally pictured them stealthy as...well...Batman ;) Audrey and Matt were awesome characters as well. But I didn't love Matt. I didn't connect with him.


I just love the plot. You might think the plot was properly boring and predictable, but no! There were many surprises in the book. The book was more like a speculative fiction instead of science fiction. It just totally felt realistic. And "God" is so much more than I expected.


The only thing was that there were parts that were dry. It was less intense than I first initially expected. Some other bloggers had mentioned it was more a contemporary book.


The ending! WOW! It was so twisted, and unexpected! It felt like someone pull the carpet out under me and let me fall into this black, blank space (in a good way).


PS: Cat mentioned PCR, which I just learned last month. WOOT! Thank you for adding cool science within the book. It totally reminded me of Kathy Reich's novels.


I recommend this book! Great job Cat! I can't wait to read Forgotten!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews