Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Reivew: Hunted by Cheryl Rainfield

The review was posted on Goodreads months, and months ago, and I totally forgot to post it on my blog! Gosh I am so forgetful! 


Synopsis via Goodreads:
Caitlyn is a telepath in a world where having any Paranormal power is illegal. Caitlyn is on the run from government troopers, who can enslave, torture, or even kill her, or make her hunt other Paranormals. When Caitlyn settles down in a city, she falls for Alex, a Normal (someone without Paranormal powers), which is dangerous because he can turn her in. And she discovers renegade Paranormals who want to destroy all Normals. Caitlyn must decide whether she's going to stay in hiding to protect herself, or take a stand to save the world.


*I was provided an ecopy by the author for review*

Review:
Wow, the first page just sucked me in!!! I didn't want to stop. I started reading the book at 12am and I knew I had to go to bed but the story was not letting me. I was too excited that I didn't feel sleepy.


            Cheryl definitely can write! Her writing doesn't feel forced; it floods like the finest silk. The first chapter started out very intense. I don't think I was breathing for most parts because I was scared that if I made any movement I would've done something bad to the characters. The story moves at the perfect pace. Not too fast that you feel like there are gaps but not too slow that you get bored. It is like Goldilocks and the 3 bears, well the pace of this book is juuusttt right!


            Every few chapters, you get a surprise! It reminds me of the show Nikita, fast, intense, unstoppable. Really, I can hardly breath while reading this book! It is unbelievable amazing! It has the PERFECT balance between normal life and action! 

Cool Things:
Heehee, the school have SMARTboards! My school have SMARTboards! This book is way too cool!
I love myself a swimmer *wink*, tight Speedo, strong but lean. Yummy! Plus I am a swimmer myself, not professional of course. I know what it is like and how it works. Pretty awesome!

This book had a feel like the good parts of House of Night series. I can't really explain it but the characters sort of fit together. For those if you that know of Avatar: The Last Airbender, the main character, Caitlyn, reminds me of Katara. She is strong and confident. She doesn't wine much (YESHHHH!).

Not-So-Cool:

The reference to The Hunger Game was meh. The similarity too was kind of sad. I wanted books to be books by themselves. I don't want copy-cats. I want a revolution, not an imitation. But this little meh part totally don't destroy the epic-awesomeness of this book!!

I think this book is one of my favourite book of the decade?

SERIOUSLY! THIS BOOK IS A MUST, MUST, MUST read!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews