Sunday, February 3, 2013

Manga Review: Black Butler, Volume 01 (Black Butler #1) by Yana Toboso


Just a stone's throw from London lies the manor house of the illustrious Phantomhive earldom and its master, one Ciel Phantomhive. Earl Phantomhive is a giant in the world of commerce, Queen Victoria's faithful servant...and a slip of a twelve-year-old boy. Fortunately, his loyal butler, Sebastian, is ever at his side, ready to carry out the young master's wishes. And whether Sebastian is called to save a dinner party gone awry or probe the dark secrets of London's underbelly, there apparently is nothing Sebastian cannot do. In fact, one might even say Sebastian is too good to be true...or at least, too good to be human...


 Review
A great start for the series. I mean I heard about Black Butler, Black Butler Black Butler as if some ghost had been haunting me all my life so when my friend Yuki asked me if I wanted to borrow it, I snatched up the chance and said "YES!". (Haha, especially when she mentioned that it was suppose to be a yaoi series... ;)

The bond between Ciel and Sebastian somewhat (just a tiny bit) reminds me of the relationship between Tomoe and Nanami from KamiHaji. It is darker and more gruesome, but overall sweet. I can't wait to read more and see how the relationship pans out. ;)


Ciel, well he was like Artemis Fowl. A boy who was smug, and arrogant but you know he could. He got quite the atmosphere around me. Me gusta. Unlike Artemis, he looked girly at times which I find it the perfect fit...*coughs* for Sebastian *coughs*.<---One of the reason I thought of KamiHaji. ;)

Okay ladies, hold on to your panties!!!!!!!!! I WANT A SEBASTIAN?! Ummm...mama needs a sexy butler that can do anything and everything she want. And OHHHH DAMMNNN! He looks damn fine with his sleeve pulled up and a chic vest. I need a piece of that! I mean seriously, who wouldn't develop a crush on him? Okay I don't know what is this "sacrifice" is so I don't want that even if it is for my Sebby baby. (Wow, I am so bipolar).
  
For now I feel like the extra characters (aka the other servants) are not needed. Sure they bring humour to the series but it drags things down. I mean I was bored and was tempted to skip the pages about them. UGH!

At some point I was a bit confused with what's going on (and to tell you the truth, I am still confused) but who cares? There were a lot of things going on and it seemed like a lot of back story needed. But either way, I think it will make sense to me when I read on.





2 comments:

  1. I haven't read the manga of this yet but I've watched the anime. It's good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait to watch the anime! My friends have been bugging me to watch it. Haha, I don't think I can stand Seb talking...I will literally lose it. #NOSEBLEED

    ReplyDelete

Total Pageviews