Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Manga Review: Blue Exorcist, Vol. 1 by Kazue Kato

Raised by Father Fujimoto, a famous exorcist, Rin Okumura never knew his real father. One day a fateful argument with Father Fujimoto forces Rin to face a terrible truth – the blood of the demon lord Satan runs in Rin’s veins! Rin swears to defeat Satan, but doing that means entering the mysterious True Cross Academy and becoming an exorcist himself. Can Rin fight demons and keep his infernal bloodline a secret? It won't be easy, especially when drawing his father’s sword releases the demonic power within him!

 Review
Can I give this a 100000 stars out of 5? I haven't read anything that started out THIS good before!

Okay so you might think that the synopsis of this manga sounds sooooo cliche and boring, well it is not (reason why I always go into each manga without reading the description).

Where shall I start? Well Rin is hot. Wow, I am so shallow. Okay, okay, let's get real. He does have a typical bad boy life. He gets into fights all the time and sucks at studying and will always protect the ones around him. Yes he found out he is the son of Satan, and sure this took up about 1/4 of the volume, but trust me it is not boring! Right from the beginning there was an establishment of bonds. You could tell there was this parental love between Father Fujimoto and Rin. And when things went wrong, there was this guilt and regret that struck me in the heart. I don't care if you never regretted anything in your life, you will feel this, and you will sympathize for Rin.

And now on to the next chapter. Well Rin enters the academy. Okay, okay, if you know me, you know that I love academy books! And wow! The academy looks...<3. It totally reminded me of Spirited Away or what my sister said, The Hobbit. I don't want to say much from now on because it was REALLLY good and REALLLY surprising that I don't want to give anything away. But I like to say that the magic within the story was super cool! And you will see "struggles" between people and you will see love. It is sweet and exciting to read. Oh, there were action scenes in it that I totally want to watch the anime for. :)

And in the last chapter of this volume, we get to see some cool interaction between characters and more development in Rin. We also get to meet a new character, Shiemi. She was adorable and caring. It was nice to see more caring and character development but also awesome fighting.


Overall I am addicted to the manga. I am sorry if this is a crappy review. It is just so hard to put into words the awesome feeling you feel when you read this.






2 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing this one. I am always trying to find something my son will read and this sounds exactly like something he would actually read. :) Awesome review.

    Jenea @ Books Live Forever

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAY! I'm glad you loved this one! I'm not typically a huge fan of manga, but this one sounds really awesome and WHO DOESN'T LOVE HOT BAD BOYS?

    PEOPLE WHO DON'T LOVE HOT BAD BOYS!

    Okay, that made no sense. But you get my point!

    I'm glad you loved this so much, Ashley!

    ReplyDelete

Total Pageviews